Re: Disc brake conversions on '79 Midget?

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Disc brake conversions on '79 Midget?
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:45:11 +1100
The very earliest Midgets would have had drum brakes (for a year or 2).

yes, you can just swap the disk brake kingpin, uprights, hubs, rotors and
callipers *as well as* the master cylinder from later model sprites or
midgets.

Actually, even though the kingpin and upright are different (larger diameter
kingpin on later models), you can probably use them. I'd jhave to measure
the stub axles to be sure.

Mike