RE: Synching carbs

To: "mgs-digest list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Synching carbs
From: "Fred Pixley" <fpixley@kingston.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 07:59:17 -0500
I suspect that many of us with later Uni-Syn model have had the problems
described below.  What I do to get around it on A-series motors is to synch.
the carbs at  an increased idle speed such that air leakage is not a
concern.  I then back off each carb the same amount to get the required idle
speed.  It's not ideal, but easier for me, than the tube in the ear method.
It's good to hear Kelvin's response regarding the improved quality units now
being offered.

Fred