Re: '55 MG TF 1500 RHD - I Got it!! :-)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '55 MG TF 1500 RHD - I Got it!! :-)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:39:12 EST
In a message dated 11/18/99 11:08:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com writes:

<< They were asking $9,500 but they took the $8,000 that I offered :-),
 which seemed pretty reasonable considering the comments I had from
 everyone.  The car is even in better shape that I thought that it was.
 I looked underneath with a flashlight tonight while it was up on the
 trailer and there is essentially no rust on anything and the wood floor
 are all in great shape - even the battery compartment isn't rusted.
 Even the engine was clean and has most of its original paint intact and
 the oil is clean.  The carb throttle linkage moves freely and the
 dashpots have oil in them - I like the brass dashpot plunger caps and
 the MG symbol handle on the oil dip stick!  The radiator is dry,
 hopefully it was drained and didn't leak!  The interior is in good
 shape, a new carpet set was included and the jack and engine crank are
 all there.  The bumpers aren't too great, but there was a set of either
 NOS or recromed bumpers included with the car. >>

This sounds like a great buy, Kevin.  Best of luck with it.

Keep 'em running!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget