Re: Stumbling

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Stumbling
From: James Howard <jhoward@sextans.lowell.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:01:48 -0700 (MST)
On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Paul Hunt wrote:

> Rapid pumping does indicate empty float bowls.  If you have the Hall-effect
> pump, rather than the transistor assisted points type, I don't trust them.

I don't know which one I have.  All I know is, removing the pump is such a
pain, and me and gasoline don't get a long, so I got a pump that hopefully
wouldn't need much maintenance.

A couple of people have emailed me that they had the exact same problem I
have had in the spring, when it first got hot, but they still had winter
gas in the tank.  In the middle of the summer, the problem went away.