Re: hot stuff [Ezra Pound?] [Esoterica]

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: hot stuff [Ezra Pound?] [Esoterica]
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 09:13:02 -0500
With apologies to the non-literati, the following dialogue developed and I
felt it necessary to send the entire poem.

At 06:40 PM 11/21/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>Bill Saidel had this to say:
>
>>Winter is a comin' in (apologies to Ezra Pound).  My garage is a cold as
>>hell.
>>
>I assume you are referring to the following lyric:
>
>Sumer is i-cumen in;
>     Lhude sing, cuccu!
>[etc.]
>c. 1240, author unknown
>(just happened to have this at the tip of my tongue)>
>How does Ezra Pound figure into it? I'm not very good on moderns...
>Max Heim
>'66 MGB GHN3L76149
>If you're near Mountain View, CA,
>it's the red one with the silver bootlid.

+++++++++++
Ancient Music
        Ezra Pound

"Winter is icummen in,
Lhude sing Goddamm,
Raineth drop and staineth slop,
And How the wind doth ramm!
                Sing: Goddamnn.
Skiddeth bus and sloppeth us,
An ague hath my ham.
Freezeth river, turneth liver,
                Damn you, sing: Goddamnn.
Goddamm, Goddamm, 'tis why I am, Goddamm,
                So 'gainst the winter's balm.
Sing goddamm, damm, sing Goddamm,
Sing Goddamm, sing goddamm, DAMM."
 year(?)

Max, If I had the info on MG's on the tip of my tongue that you have about
poetry on your tongue, I might be driving my B now.

Best,

Bill