Happy Turkey Day MGers!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Happy Turkey Day MGers!
From: Tom Buchanan <buchanan@preferred.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 19:05:23 -0500
        BLACK NOVEMBER
When a young turkey, new to the coop,
My big brother Mike took me out on the stoop,
There we sat down, he spoke real slow,
he told me there's something I just had to know;
His look and his tone I'll always remember,
he told me about..... Black November;
"Come about August, now listen to me,
you'll get six meals a day instead of just three,
"And soon you'll  be thick, where once you were thin,
And you'll grow a rubbery thing under your chin;
"And then one morning, when warm in your bed,
In bursts the farmer's wife, she'll hack off your head;
"She'll pluck all your feathers so you're bald 'n pink,
scoop out your guts and leave you in the sink;
"And then comes the worst part" he said not bluffing,
"She'll spread your cheeks and pack you with stuffing".
Well, the rest of his words were too grim to repeat,
I sat on the stoop like a winged piece of meat,
And decided right then to avoid being cooked,
I'd lay real low and remain overlooked;
I began a new diet of nuts and granola,
High-roughage salads, juice and diet cola;
As the rest ate pastries, chocolates and crepes,
I hid in my room doing Jane Fonda tapes;
I maintained my weight of two and a half,
And tried not to notice when bigger birds laughed;
But it was I who was laughing, under my breath,
As they chomped and they chewed, ever closer to death;
And when Black November did roll around,
I was the last in the compound;
So now I'm a pet in the farmer's wife's lap;
I haven't a worry, I eat and I nap;
She held me today, while sewing and humming,
And smiled at me and said "Christmas is coming..."

Tom Buchanan
buchanan@preferred.com
http://pages.preferred.com/~buchanan/mg.html
http://www.britcars.net/