Order?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Order?
From: "Douglas B. Gaither" <dbgaither@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 20:09:47 +0000
Well,

My newly painted car was delivered today and I am very excited.  My son
cristened the car (New British Racing Green) Mighty Green Bean (MGB).  I
laughed and then thought it might just be what I'm looking for in a name
(fun).  Anyways, when my buddy went though this process, the first thing he
did was to install the engine/tranny to make more space in his garage.  But
this seemed to get in the way of installing the other stuff that goes in the
engine bay.  So, I thought you guys would have good advice on a wise order
in which to rebuild my car.

Particulars:  1966 MGB roadster totally stripped except for the wheels and
accompanying suspension.

First thing I was going to do was to put the car on stands, remove rear axle
and the front crossmember.  Then scrape/clean the bottom of the car and put
on a coat of heavy-duty paint.  Then put new gasket/seals/brakes in the rear
axle and rebuild the front suspension before attaching them.  Then from
there, I don't know what comes next.  Any suggestions?

Doug Gaither