Re: MGB GT Questions an Editorial

To: Rootes@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB GT Questions an Editorial
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 15:46:16 -0500
Rootes@aol.com wrote:
> I decided to give the car away, to someone who would promise to restore
> it, rather than see it broken up for parts. In fact, he even sent a tow truck
> to pick it up, and bring it to his home - in Canada! I did what I thought was
> best for the car - in order to see it on the road once again.

  Trevor here, and I wholeheartedly endorse this technique.

  Strangely, if the Magnette had been $500, I probably would have
passed and it might have been crushed. However, seeing the honest
care for the car the Jon had, I took it in a second. (even though
it cost me $700 to get it here, so money wasn't primarily the
problem I'd say no to $500)

> He has a web page, and I've been following his progress on it -
> <A HREF="http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/";>Trevor Boicey's Page</A> , or if the
> link won't work - http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/

  Indeed, and progress is just ramping up again.

  I got married this past summer, and the Magnette was originally
intended to be the wedding car. My business got very busy and so I
didn't get it finished in time, but on the upside I used the
extra income to acquire an E-type roadster for the occasion (you
win some you lose some).

  However, with the ring growing into my finger and the gifts
all put away, out comes the welding torch again. I am working it
out with a local body shop to have the car sprayed in February,
so that's my deadline. (I sprayed my last car myself with excellent
results, but I want urethane paint for the Z and I just don't
have the safety gear)

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca