Re: MGB GT Questions an Editorial

To: "Glen Wilson" <RoverCar@voicenet.com>
Subject: Re: MGB GT Questions an Editorial
From: Jim Boyd <ISC@dcsi.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 07:18:22 -0800
Hey Glenn and Listers:

Well, this has certainly been a week of interesting mail!  FWIW, I have
sold the TR6, MGC GT and roller RB B roadster to a British Columbia
exporter.  The two '70 MGB GTs have garnered some local attention and in
all likelyhood will be sold complete to someone soon!  Their sale is NOT
restricted to enthusiasts who claim CA or Oregon residency; bring your
truck and trailer from all parts of the country!

Last night I sold my '50 Austin Devon 4 door to a British car enthusiast.
It was 8:30PM and he was starting his 2 hour drive home and saw the car and
for sale sign.  He is a body man, so really didn't need light to check out
the panel conditions, etc. (I need some major tips here!)

So with the light of his Jeep Cherokee shining on the car, he wrote me a
check for the full amount!  What a great way to finish Thanksgiving Day!

More importantly though, is the good feeling one has when you see a very
unique car move on to someone you feel will maintain and improve it.  I
originally bought this car 2 years ago from a nearby storage facility.  The
owner had failled to pay his rent, the car was put through a lien sale, but
had garnered zero interest when attempts were made to sell it by the
storage yard owners.  The car was headed for the crusher because the
business needed the space.  From my point of view, we can save some of
these cars, but not all of them.

One of the best ways we as a body of enthusiasts can help the hobby is to
DRIVE our lbcs when ever we get the chance.  I had tons of fun this summer
driving a beater '78 Spitfire.  A lot of times kids in  mall parking lots
would ask me questions about the car.  Most of them thought it was "way
cool", even though there is a huge crushed area in the rear!

have a great lbc filled weekend!

Cheers,
Jim Boyd
Paradise, CA