Re: Pulling the B-series

To: MGMagnette@aol.com
Subject: Re: Pulling the B-series
From: Jethogger@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 09:01:56 EST
Hello John.  This is what I do.  And have pulled a lot of B motors.  Hook one
end of the chain to the top left backing plate bolt.  It is a 3/8 fine thread
bolt.  You will have to use a longer one with the chain.  The other end. I
hook to the alternator adjustment stud.  On the front engine plate.  Pull
number one plug or you will break it.  Leave the valve cover on.  Hook the
puller toward the front of chain. To have the angle. So the tranny will hang
lower.  Another trick.  Lay an old tag over the cross member.  This way.  The
tail shaft flange will not hang up on cross member.
John  Flintstone, GA