Re: 3 syncro OD trans

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Subject: Re: 3 syncro OD trans
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 18:34:50 -0600
Kai:

Actually, it IS too high a price. US$1000 is still astronomical even for
a 'box which has inspected and passed as good to excellent used.
Anything more is just TOO much. Like I said, a typical used 'box should
only go for US$600 or perhaps a little more, depending on condition.

You just have to know where to look. Because the Colonies did not
receive a great number of early o'drive cars, the best source is still
the UK where 3-synchro 'boxes can be had for #200 or well under US$400.
I obtained a 3-main o'drive 'box for #220 and a 5-main o'drive box for
#175 last year. Shipping was a not too cheap, but not a lot more than
interstate or US-Canada shipping.

Dave Q.