Re: Crankshaft Pulley Bolt

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crankshaft Pulley Bolt
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 22:45:17 +1100
John,

Simplest way to do this is:

Take a breaker bar and your trolley/floor jack handle. Put the breaker bar
inside the handle, attach the socket. Put the socket on the nut, and lay the
jack handle against the RHS (looking at the engine standing in front of the
car) of the engine bay, supported by a towel. Take the cable out from the
coil so the car can't start. Flick the starter for a _nano second_ - just a
blip, and there you are, nut off, no problems whatsoever. :)

Denise told me this trick, I tried everything to get that blasted nut off
(with no compressed air) but this litle trick was incredible! BTW what
happened to Denise, haven't seen her on the list for ages! I still have some
Bosch points to send her, but since she moved, have no idea what address to
send them to!

Cheers,
Neil.