Re: 2 Litre

To: Lawrie Alexander <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Re: 2 Litre
From: "DENNIS COX" <djc@appsig.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 09:05:08 -0800
Hi Lawrie

This message brought up the subject of cams.  And you mention the use of
a mild street cam.  This is where I have some confusion.  I've looked at
cams from various grinders and they seem to be sold by specification.
What I mean is they have 160, 170, 180 and even 190 or greater duration
cams with various lifts.  Terms like "mild", "1/4" and 1/2 race etc. are
not mentioned.  What do you consider a mild cam?  What criteria do you
use in selecting a cam?  Like when you would use a 170 duration and when
would you use a 180 duration cam.  What would be the "hottest" cam that
can be used before you start to have to modify the head, intake and
exhaust.  I know a lot can be said on this subject but I would like to
hear from experience on using different cams.

Thanx

Dennis
67 MGB