Re: Robbins top

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Robbins top
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 12:40:38 -0800
DENNIS COX had this to say:

>I have a Robbins stow-away top for my 67 MGB.  It is still in the box.
>I'm gona be installing it this weekend and was wondering if any of you
>had any advice, comments and gotchyas to watch out for.  I replaced the
>seal between the windshield and the body this weekend and replaced the
>rubber along the sides of the windshield for the windwings.  I have been
>told that it is not dificult to install a top but only having one and
>never doing it before...  You always seem do be able to do a better job
>the second time you do something..
>
>Dennis
>67 MGB

Yeah, that was my thinking, so I paid an auto upholstery shop to install
it, figuring I'd have to live with it for a long time (going on eleven
years now). I think they charged me 1.5 hours labor. At least it fits
well, not all baggy and wrinkly like you see sometimes.

My 2¢...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149