No more oil pressure relief worries

To: mgs@autox.team.net, seawolf@tecinfo.com, samwalt@tx3.com
Subject: No more oil pressure relief worries
From: Tyson Sherman <mts3@Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 00:44:15 -0600 (CST)
I picked up my $50 block from the machine shop today.  The bores were all
nice .030 over, new brass plugs, and very clean.  Some of you may recall
my oil pressure relief valve sticking from last year.  Well I drilled out
the plugs from that block.  Spraying carb cleaner in one hole (the rear
one right by the OP relief hole), carb cleaner and thousands of little
metal balls come out.  Surely shot blasting material.

I will build the engine around the new .030 over block since I know it's
clean, but I plan on having the other ready should I ever need a spare.
It's so nice knowing that I shouldn't ever have that problem.  Pulling an
engine 3x in 1.5 years is no fun.

Tyson Sherman
mts3@ra.msstate.edu
http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman