Re: Intermittant Ignition Light

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Intermittant Ignition Light
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 22:50:32 +0000
Thank you to all respondents!

I have had a breakthrough and success on my intermittent ignition light.

I tried the "wiggly" test with each joint and wire and guess what... one
of the wires in one of the plugs into the alternator just fell out in my
hand!!!!  The casing on most wires are now pretty brittle so I guess I
will have to do something about it.  Until I replace the plug and
reattach wires it is held in place with CHEWING GUM!!!!  This should
last the few miles to the repair shop (I tried it out tonight -
beautiful warm, balmy summer night <sigh> - and it worked a treat).

Thanks again... found it and fixed it... bewdy!

Eric
'68MGB MkII