Re: Suggested future product line up for MG

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: Suggested future product line up for MG
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 23:50:00
I think Miata had the right idea - they set out to make an excellent
roadster, paying attention to every detail, including making sure to get
everything perfect, from the road feel to the right "roar" of the muffler
(per their marketing department :).  I've not driven one, and I far prefer
the more classic lines of the MG, but I have to appreciate the desire to
focus on such issues when designing a car.  What if Mazda Miata were to
design the next MG?  It would have to be something like that - I just can't
envision an MG SUV, no matter how hard I try.  I think BMW could do a great
job too, but they'd probably run it into the next tax bracket.  But
Miata/MG, yes.  If they could only manage a three-seater, that I could go
for... :)

- Tab