RE: Smoothline

To: "MGS (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Smoothline
From: "Jon Lind" <JLind@ColoradoSkiing.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 10:36:59 -0700
Actually, this is why I'm having to replace the hood--it was creased when it
flew open on the highway, necessitating me replacing it.  Don't want this to
happen again, regardless of the type of hood.

<<
The MGB main latch has a well-documented tendency to fly open
at speed. On the original aluminum hood the safety catch would just pull
the rivets out of the aluminum at this point, allowing the hood to slap
up against the windshield, to the detriment of everyone involved.