Re: Coolant woes redux

To: "Derek Vandivere" <dersk@usa.net>, "MGS Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Coolant woes redux
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 19:04:45 -0000
The factory wired the fan(s) such that they come on when the coolant gets
hot enough, but go off in any event when the ignition is turned off.  Sounds
like either both fans are wired to come on with the ignition and one is
non-functional, or one is wired to a thermostat and the other is wired to
the ignition.  I would guess option 1.  I think only late NA 4-cyl cars had
twin fans, and they were operated directly off a thermostat, whereas the UK
factory V8 also had twin fans but operated via relay, a much better system.

PaulH.