Re: Trying to change a Piston with Engine and Crank in Place (TD)

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Trying to change a Piston with Engine and Crank in Place (TD)
From: "British Sportscar Center" <mgpa@calweb.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 09:09:10 -0800
Yeah, Terry, but I'll bet you never owned a 1934 MG PA which, if you didn't
use it for a week or so (and in those days I could afford only a gallon of
gas a week!) had the following starting procedure...........

1) Raise hood
2) Remove No. 4 spark plug
3) Press starter button
4) Watch water being pumped out of No. 4 plug hole
5) Replace plug when flow ceases
6) Replace plug and wire, lower hood
7) Start car

I had to do that for a year (1961) and I never did take the head off to find
out what was cracked. Oh to be young and impecunious!

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center
(Who approves the MOWOG thread idea but wonders about the need for radios in
sports cars, even ones that picked up Real Comedians!)