Need more advice on TD piston change

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Need more advice on TD piston change
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 23:51:06 EST
Now that I've pulled the bad +.020 piston, how can I check the bore to make
sure the replacement needs to be +.020? I can't assume the DPO did anything
right on this car. Would a feeler gauge with the old piston in the cylinder
tell me anything? Does honing make a significant difference on the cylinder
diameter? In other words, should the honing be done before the pistons are
ordered? Thanks in advance.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336