Re: Stupid question?

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stupid question?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 14:40:41 -0800
Not stupid!

Although the heater valve is a more common source of trouble on MGs, it
sounds like you've got a leaky heater core. This means removal and a trip
to the radiator shop for some soldering. Or it may be deemed beyond hope
and you'll need a new one. Haven't done it on a Midget but I believe it
uses a similar Smith's heater box to the B. First you might check the
ends of the water hoses where they attach to the heater core; perhaps you
just need to tighten the hose clamps.

As for the emergency road kit, there were several good posts on the
subject some time ago. Search the list archive at:
<http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=mgs>

NAMGBR has also printed a good list in the Driver. Perhaps it's on their
web site, as well.

Michael Walter had this to say:

--

Max Heim