Re: How much should I pay for a used O/D Trans?

To: lundgren@iname.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How much should I pay for a used O/D Trans?
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 19:43:05 EST
Hi Andy,
You probably know how trhis works;  the selling price is whatever the market
will bear.
Remember that there were 2 OD transmissions for our B's; the late LH (1975
on) and the earlier and MUCH sought after LD (1963-1974).
Since the LH transmissions are easier to come by, you could do much better
than the $450 he's offering.
Although this seems high even for an LD unit, it could be a fair price if it
were in excellent shape.
If you're willing to wait and shake the bushes now and then, you could do
better. I've got friends that are buying complete cars for $450.
Good luck
Bob Stahlbush
66 RD GHN3L 78708
60 TR3A TS81398 L