Kick Kai in the Arse Day!

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kick Kai in the Arse Day!
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 20:26:09 -0500
Yup go for it...

I was wrong about the speedometers.  I saw all the replies about the
internals of the gauges being different and that is not at all what I
recalled from memory, so I went and found Paul located our notes and damn
it!

Here is the scoop.

The SN1280/XX is indeed the overdrive version of the SN1000/XX, and their
internals are different and the swap can not be accomplished with a simple
face change.  However, there is another gauge that were fitted incrementally
also in OD cars and the faces of SN1280/XX and SN1280/YY are
interchangeable, the apparent difference is a change in (to quote Paul) "two
dots or some foolish detail."

And of course XX & YY are postfixes of additional numbers ie. 03, 13, etc.

Sorry for the misinformation!

(I'm not sure whether I just cleared up the confusion I caused, I worsened
it!)

Happy Holidays,

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu
'74 Triumph TR6 with 1001 spare parts scattered about