Re: Paint Restoration

To: MGB73 <mgb73@earthlink.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint Restoration
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 14:01:17 -0800
On Sun, Dec 26, 1999 at 09:27:58PM -0800, MGB73 wrote:
> Any suggestions on restoring old paint.
>
> Problem is the paint oxidizes real quick (blue does that I quess).  To keep
> the car shine up, I have to buff it about every two weeks.  I've tried a
> number of waxes, but doesn't seem to matter.  It just oxidizes.
>
> I think it needs a sealer of some sort that will bond with the old paint to
> harden it.  Thoughts.

Could it be buffed out and then clearcoated?  Of course for that much effort
might as well just get a new paint job.  If the body is straight underneath
the paint, you might be able to get away with a fairly cheap paint job.

--
Sasquatch singing telegrams; for when you care enough to send the furry beast.
lrc@red4est.com                                 http://www.red4est.com/lrc