Shop Recommendation

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Shop Recommendation
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 11:01:08 -0400
>From: "Scott Regel" <SRegel@dpra.com>

...<<snip>>
>Also, I'm wrestling with what to do with my B.  The sills need to be
>replaced.  Would it be better to just sell it and find another in better
>shape or to just bite the expense?

Replacing sills is expensive surgury.  But when you get done you know
exactly what you have - which is not the case buying another car.  If
you're in it for the long haul, I recommend fixing the car you have.  You
could spend thousands upgrading to a "better" car only to end up spending
as much as your sills will cost (or more) to get to where you are now.  Any
MGB you own or buy will last as long as you keep fixing whatever is wrong
with it.  My own view is that, given a running usable B, there is nothing -
absolutely nothing - on the car that is not worth fixing.  The only
exceptions I can think of are a total vehicle fire or really major
demolition from collision - in which case one would probably have much
greater concerns than the car.

Good luck,

Allen

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
        49 YT, 57 ZB, 58 ZB, 65 B, 67 BGT, 73 B, 73BGT, 76 B, &...
         New Castle, VA 24127
         USA
         540/544-7333