Re: Roadster Factory follow up,

To: PAINTRIX@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadster Factory follow up,
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 10:51:23 -0500 (EST)
Steve,

As I replied to your earlier post, you need to dispute the charge with your
credit card company.  It's no reflection on you (unless you exhibit a habit
of constantly disputing all your charges). Tell them the original charge is
invalid and why (a refund was promised), they will package it up and send
it to RF, who has something like 10 days to respond or lose the money
forever.

There might be an understandable delay of a day or two if a salesperson
doesn't know how to issue a credit, but to go on for months on end means
they're either ridiculously incompetent (with your money) or they're just
sitting on the money ('cause they don't want it taken back out of their
account).

Write your credit card company now - info is on the back of your statement.
 The law is on your side in this case - the card company will contact the
merchant with a big yellow envelope that the merchant has to justify the
charge or lose the funds.  If you wait too long, you'll lose the only
leverage you have.

- Tab