Thermostat

To: neilc@apphosting.com, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thermostat
From: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 09:00:00 -0600
Ok, I missed something.  How did you do what you did and what is meant
by the bypass port in the head?

Dave
59 MGA

Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 21:23:31 +1100
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Subject: MGA Fan etc

Hi all,

 Finally I think I've arrived at some level of reliabilty engine wise. I
fitted a thermostat blanking sleeve to block off the bypass port in the
head, and also a std thermostat with a 1/8" hole drilled in it. This on
advice from my supplier after I saw an
original MGA thermostat (pics to come). The MGA still gets warm, saw up
200 today, 210 while stopped, but mostly in the 180-190 region under
way.
Good news is the car is not overheating at all, it's running very
smoothly
even at 200 which is great. When the weather cooled she was stable
around
the 170 mark, so I'm chuffed as it was reasonably warm today. :)
Cheers,
Neil