RE: Garage

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Garage
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 10:40:34 -0800
Man, you guys are killing me with your gigantic suburban garages. Stop!
<bg>

The floor plan of my rotting 80-year-old, dirt-floored shed is 18'-6" by
22'-6". The roof peaks at about 10'. Between the two property lines, a
huge acacia tree (on the neighbor's property), and a 15' organpipe
cactus, there isn't much chance of making it any larger, especially on a
50' x 85' lot. On the good side, it's wide enough so I can put in a
double door (single barn door now), and the neighbor down the block went
14' high with his new garage, so the zoning must allow it. I also have
parking for two cars in front of it (on dirt, under the tree) off the
alley, unlike every other house on the block, so I don't have to leave a
car on the street (at least until I get more cars -- you never know).

But the suggestions have all been interesting. My father was all for a
pit, as well. He thinks I could buy a pre-fab wood kit for the garage --
this sounded like a good idea because contractor prices are through the
roof here in go-go Silicon Valley (if you can even get on one's
schedule). Anyone know anything about these?

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149