Re: Tyre Pressures, again

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tyre Pressures, again
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 10:47:17 +0000
Paul Nelson wrote:

> Eric wrote:
> >I went low profile to get away from sidewall flex :-)
>
> Why on earth would you do that?  The whole point of the switch to
> radial from bias ply tires was that the sidewall WOULD flex, leaving
> the tread relatively flat on the ground around a curve! This was my
> understanding 30-40 years ago when this argument ensued.

Paul,

Maybe I left out an important assumed word (yes, there is that word
again)... "excessive".  Yes, I do set mine up and judge a lot of
performance stuff for the track but it is not as if it is a sprint car
exclusively.  By setting it up this way and then backing off just a
little for road use I find she is set up for handling really well
(especially when I find myself heading for a country drive without
notice - as I frequently do).

I think I gave up on my car being a comfortable 'cruiser' some time ago
- a 'touring' car she ain't... although I expect some disagreement here
:-)  But I guess people are right... I should include this discalimer in
my comments.

Eric
'68MGB MkII