Re: No More Speeding in the UK?

To: "James H. Nazarian" <microdoc@apk.net>
Subject: Re: No More Speeding in the UK?
From: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 23:24:37 -0500
James H. Nazarian wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> I promise I won't belabor this, but after years of 40-50K miles per year
>business
> travel, I have seen a few awful accidents. I am sour on air bags because I
>have
> several friends
Geez, I had been delelting this thread all day without noticing that it
had decended into my realm...
My experiance is pretty anectdotal here but after 19 Years as a
Paramedic, Air Bags Save a hell of a lot of lives and injuries. They are
not a panacea, Volvo et all are installing side, floor, and dash srs's
But tes, they will not protect you from a secondary collision. But just
like all the fallicies about sprinklers, there are alot of myths about
srs's. They will not blind you while trying to regain control of your
car after the primary impact. (at least not as much as depressed skull
fracture).
Carl W. French EMT-P