Re: Brakes and interior kits

To: <niederst@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: Brakes and interior kits
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 16:26:35 -0500
>On the interior kits, I've looked at the Moss, Vicky Brit and
>Proper MG catalogs. Vicky Brit currently has their complete vinyl interior
>kit on sale for $899 (normally $1199) for '70-'80 MGB's. Any opinions on
the
>quality of this kit, and if it is available in the year specific styles for
>the seat covers and door panels? How about the other company's kits? Any
>BTDT's appreciated. TIA.

What does BTDT mean?

Anyway, if you take out the old carpeting and lay it on a large flat surface
(like a garage floor), you should be able to create an accurate pattern for
new carpet panels.  Any carpet shop that sells remnants should be able to
give enough material of virtually any style, color, pile, etc.  VB sells
those ring shaped snaps that you'll need, for cheap, and the only
challenging part (maybe a professional could sew it for you) is the shifter
cover piece.

The replacement kits, while original, also apparently include the original
vinyl trim between some of the pieces, and it tends to wear over time, just
like the factory carpets did.  You could probably produce a repro carpet set
for under $50.

I've got my wife interested in recarpeting the Midget this summer.  She's
looking for a style that won't trap dog hairs!

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite