Brakes and interior kits

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brakes and interior kits
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 00:36:48 -0500
Well, it looks like I'm going to be getting that '71 B I posted about a
couple of times in the recent weeks. The guy was asking $2500, but I've got
him to sell it for $1800. While the car is structurally solid and runs OK,
but it does need an entire new interior and some brake work (spongy pedal).
It looks like I will need to re-do all the rubber brake components just to
be sure nothing is deteriorated. From the different catalogs, I notice most
brake components are pretty inexpensive except for the master cylinder.
Anyone sourced a master cylinder from their local auto parts store for a
better price? On the interior kits, I've looked at the Moss, Vicky Brit and
Proper MG catalogs. Vicky Brit currently has their complete vinyl interior
kit on sale for $899 (normally $1199) for '70-'80 MGB's. Any opinions on the
quality of this kit, and if it is available in the year specific styles for
the seat covers and door panels? How about the other company's kits? Any
BTDT's appreciated. TIA.

Craig