Re: Speeding in the UK [ABS]

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speeding in the UK [ABS]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:41:09 -0800
I didn't mean, keeping the brakes locked. I meant braking right up to the
verge of locking, using "pedal" (as opposed to "manual") control. And I
also contend that tests of early ABS systems evinced this exact
characteristic -- slightly longer stopping distances on dry pavement; in
essence, trading off distance for stability. I concede that I may be
out-of-date, and that modern systems with perhaps faster cycle times or
better algorithms, are superior in this situation.

REwald9535@aol.com had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149