Hand brake wire.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hand brake wire.
From: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 10:45:22 +0100
Not much MG driving here in Norway. I was tempted on saturday, +5C here in
Oslo, but maybe a little lower/ read ice, at some places.
So, instead I put the car on axle stands, removed the wheels, and drivers
seat. I need new rubber, actually, there is a lot of rubber left, but the
tires are old, the rubber has got really hard. The result has scared me a
couple of rainy days this summer. I have standard wire wheels, so I will
probably go for 175, or maybe 165 tyres. I have 185 at the moment, but they
are too wide for the wheels.
The seat foam and diaphrame is shot, but I have to be carefull, if I do
everything 'right', I end up with my head in the ceiling. We'll see.
But here is my question:
A long time ago, I bought a new handbrake wire. Now I have lost the invoice,
with the part nr, and the plastig bag it came in, also with part nr, and
then I found out that there is different cables for whire- and steel wheels.
I am not sure I ordered the right part.

How can I find out what cable I have ??

MOT ( in Norway = EU kontroll), in april, oi-oi

Jon Arikstad
1970 MGB GT  (On steel axle stands)
1987 MB 230 E ( getting old too)