Re: Title

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Title
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:51:51 EST
In a message dated 1/12/00 9:10:14 AM, Robert.Reid@intermec.com writes:

<< I guess I should mention in my search for a title that I am
in Cincinnati, OH. >>

All I know is Maryland.  I bought my Mustang five years ago not realizing the
VIN at the "official" body location did not match the title.  The only way I
got the state to issue me a new title--and a new VIN--was an exhaustive
20-month research project tracking down copies of the titles of the 12
previous owners, plus another five who owned the other Mustang grafted into
mine after an unrecorded major rebuild, post-accident, no doubt.  The state
people largely were snotty, arrogant and couldn't care less about my pissant
problems.  When I had all the documentation together I found one human being
in the state administration and made my case to him.  He then helped me
though the rest of it.
On the other hand, I talked to a lot of people who had owned my car, or their
relatives, and nearly wrote a book about the experience.

Jay Donoghue
72 MGB
66 Mustang (w/title)