RE: Another one bites the dust

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Another one bites the dust
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:45:39 -0800
Dodd, Kelvin had this to say:

>Sticking a high tech Japanese engine into a regular B
>is not to my taste.  However the thought of building an MGB with Miata
>powertrain stimulates my sense of evil scientist.

I have a friend that keeps talking about putting a Mazda rotary (from a
later 1st generation RX-7) in a British sports car (he was thinking of an
Alpine for some strange reason -- presumably the anemic stock 1725).
150HP, lower CG, better weight distribution, 5-speed trans, and the rear
axle (with disc brakes) supposedly bolts in. If an Alpine basket case
were to suddenly present itself, he'd probably try it. Alpine basket
cases are pretty rare, however, presumably quickly metamorphosing into
neo-Tigers.

Now if you were really nuts, you could try the much wilder Wankel from
the last RX-7. Probably cost a fair chunk of change, though.

Consider this a suggestion from your evil sidekick, Igor...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149