ABS

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: ABS
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 11:11:28 EST
Where's that soapbox.
Onl;y LBC content here is that I'm soooo glad they don't have ABS.

I have a Blazer, not on recall, but it should be.  I have had ABS problems
with it since I got it.  No satisfaction from the dealer or from e-mail to
Chevy.
Loss of pedal and they trigger frequently without reason, dry pavement notr a
panic stop, not even shifting papers on the leather seats.  They also trigger
at most crosswalks.  The white stripe frequently sets them off.  There have
been times that I have been really scared that I wouldn't stop in time.  I'm
sure that I can do better in the MG.
On a positive note in 2 yrs. the ABS in my Eldo tripped one time.  I was on
glare ice and I was amased at how quickly and straight I stopped with no
feeling of pedal loss.  I guess it can be made to work right, just not by
Chevy.
PS. I swore off Chevys aftyer a bad experience in 1964.  My son talked me
into the Blazer and I am sure sorry I ever gave them a second chance.
Soapbox returned.

George
'76 MGB and lovin' it