Miscellaneous Thoughts on winter and Mg's

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Miscellaneous Thoughts on winter and Mg's
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@mc.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 16:31:30 -0600
I remember driving home for Christmas when I lived in Mississippi a few
years ago.  I elected to take the MG, and seeing as how I just got off work,
I made the two hour trip in a suit.

The temp was around 50 degrees, and I never was uncomfortably cold.  I even
passed a Miata with the top down.

That being said, I take off my hat to those of you who drive your MG in
'cold' weather (you know, in places where there's actually snow).  I've been
in Chicago for almost two weeks now, and I don't see how ya'll do it.  My
Pathfinder takes a good 15 minutes to completely warm up inside, and even
then, I dare not touch anything metal, especially the support posts for the
headrests.

Far and away, the most concerning proposition is the salt crap that sticks
to my Pathfinder after it snows.  I am fairly meticulious about the
cleanliness of my vehicles, and could not imagine subjecting my 'B to such
treatment.  That, and the thermal output from the heater has always been
spurious, at best.  I'd be a Southern Popsicle in short order.

I plan on flying back home this Spring and driving the MG up here, probably
taking a meandering route through the mountains of Tennessee.  I've always
wanted to go through some mountains in the 'B.

It would be cool to drive the 'B in downtown Chicago, along the lake.
Better yet, I've already enaged other SUV drivers in Toll Booth shoot-outs.
Imagine how much fun that would be in the MG.......

Dreaming of warmer weather (or thicker blood),

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
pokrefke@mc.net
1970 MGB

Audentes Fortuna Iuvat