Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts on winter and Mg's

To: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@mc.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts on winter and Mg's
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 18:01:04
At 04:31 PM 1/15/00 -0600, Thomas James Pokrefke, III wrote:
>.... I take off my hat to those of you who drive your MG in 'cold' weather
(you know, in places where there's actually snow).  I've been in Chicago
for almost two weeks now, and I don't see how ya'll do it.  My Pathfinder
takes a good 15 minutes to completely warm up inside, and even then ....

>Far and away, the most concerning proposition is the salt crap that sticks
to my Pathfinder after it snows. ....

Sheesh!  He's only been here two weeks, and already he's p*'d at the cold
and the salt?  I thought he was looking forward to a little snow.

>It would be cool to drive the 'B in downtown Chicago, along the lake.

Yup.  Could be downright cold in January.  Still fun though.  We had a good
portion of the local MG club out with the tops down on Thanksgiving morning.

>Better yet, I've already enaged other SUV drivers in Toll Booth
shoot-outs. Imagine how much fun that would be in the MG.......

I don't have to imagine, I do it all the time.  You do have to be careful
though, not to get your MG squashed by the SUV.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg