RE: Is M&G International still around?

To: mga <mga@napanet.net>
Subject: RE: Is M&G International still around?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:00:44 -0800
Don:

        The Moss Intl. web site is at http://mossint.co.uk

The M & G International division at Birkenhead according to the website is
wholesale only.

        The following is not an official statement of Moss Motors.  This is
my personal understanding of the situation offered for clarification only.

        To set the record straight.  A company, Moss International Holdings
was formed by the management of Moss UK and M & G Intl. to buy the
investments from Ingham PLC in 1996.  The name of the company was then
changed to Moss Intl.  The name M & G International continued to be used at
the Birkenhead outlet.
        Unfortunately the financing of the buyout caused severe cash flow
problems, resulting in the current restructure of the company.

        The main point is that M & G International is just a name.  Moss
International is the holding company.  Any decisions to close an outlet are
going to have been based on economics.

Kelvin.