Re: Muffling Air Compressor

To: "M. W. Jordan, Jr." <mw_jordan@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Muffling Air Compressor
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 17:21:56 -0600
In our shop we installed our 10hp compressor outside. We built a framework
of RR ties notched and pinned so the ties would line up with the tank feet
and packed with sand. We then laid 3/4 exterior plywood as the floor. Then
we bought a little garden tractor shed tin building 200 bucks and insulated
it and installed a brooding heat lamp for winter start up. Works great,
even at 20F below. And QUIET. We also installed our blast cabinet vacuum in
there. Used PVC to duct the steel air lines into the shop. If the
neighborhood allows it,  recommend outside.
        Peter C in WI
----
At 08:13 AM 1/17/2000 , you wrote:
>Wow - it is loud.  The compressor is a 6 HP single stage with a 80
>gallon tank.  Presently it is in my basement over in a corner and when
>it is running I can hear it all over the house.
The center hole in a roll of duct tape is appropriately larger than a beer can.
Coincidence?