Clutch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 08:07:11 EST
Given the description of a squishing sound and nothing coming from the
bleeder I would suspect that the MC is shot.
The only way that description would seem to make sense is that the rubber
seals are completely destroyed and what you hear is the metal plunger moving
back and forth through the fluid in the MC.  To have that severe of a failure
that it dosent even push out fluid when the system is open I would be
concerned that the inner cylinder walls aere also pitted.
I've never pulled the MC on an MG but if yours is anythiung like my '76 MGB
GOOD LUCK.  Looks like a bear.

George '76 MGB driver