Re: Engine Noise

To: Randy <rap@palmnet.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Noise
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 15:54:47 -0500
Randy,

Such sounds could be coming from main or connecting rod bearings, if so, be
cautious running the engine any more, in fact don't run it, but if it
happens to still run gently, check the oil pressure, then after shut down
drain the oil immediately. if you have noticeable sediment, especially
copper or bronze colored metal powder in the oil, the bearings are shot...
rebuild time. If noise gets louder while running, SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY. Low
oil pressure also indicates bearing failure. Check the MG List archives for
additional info on this subject.

Jim