Re: Brake bleeding

To: Gonaj@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake bleeding
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:23:14 EST
In a message dated 1/19/00 8:43:45 AM Eastern Standard Time, Gonaj@aol.com
writes:

<< With a car sitting that ling and presenting brake problems I would suggest
 that it is much faster and safer to just do a complete job rather than
trying
 to pinpoint TODAY'S problem.  When I got my MGB I rebuilt all 5 cylinders
and
 replaced all pipes and flexible lines as well as a new E-brake cable.  I
 saved all of that troubleshooting and whatever else happens to the car I
know
 I can stop it. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I did the same with my Midget.  The pipes were a bit rusty on the outside and
I didn't want to take a chance.  I replaced the flex hoses with braided
hoses.  I bout new rear cylinders, as they are fairly inexpensive, and I
rebuilt the front calipers myself.  I gave up trying to get the MC apart and
bought a rebuilt.

Safety Fast!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward