Re: Brake bleeding

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake bleeding
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 22:26:38 -0400
Amen!  I'm inclined to use the same "shotgun" approach to all MG problems.
If the new piece I just bought is not the source of the problem, I at least
know where the problem ISN'T, and I have some more piece of mind. Having
replaced rear cylinders and brake lines on the '76 about a year ago, last
summer I replaced/rebuilt booster, M/C, calipers, and pads before I
discovered my soft pedal was due to a lining that had detached itself from
a rear shoe.    Not for one moment do I regret all the "nonessential"
repairs.

Allen

>From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
>
>Bravo George,
>that's the way I've always treated my cars.
>When I first get them, I just go ahead and replace it all
>rather than trying to get by with only partial
>repairs. You know you're going to have to fix it later anyway
>so just go ahead and do it right the first time and get
>it over with. Then you'll know its all in good shape and
>won't have to worry about it.
>
>I truly believe this is the reason so many people get frustrated
>with LBC's and that they have the 'reputation' they do.
>It's not that their British (or whatever) it's that the
>systems are 25+ years old!
>

>Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
         49 YT, 57 ZB, 58 ZB, 65 B, 67 BGT, 73 B, 73BGT, 76 B, &...
         New Castle, VA 24127
         USA
         540/544-7333