Re: '71 B, still no start

To: niederst@telerama.com
Subject: Re: '71 B, still no start
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:53:54 -0500
Craig,
  Since you now have spark, have you checked that the #1 plug is firing
with #1 cylinder at TDC?  It's not easy to get 180 degrees out with a
distributor, but it can be done.
  If you are unsure, have someone turn over the engine (with a wrench if
possible) while you have your finger over the sparkplug hole and your
eyes on the crankshaft pulley. When you feel the pressure build and see
the timing marks coming up, stop at TDC (not critical).  Then look at the
distrib rotor and the cap and see that the rotor is pointing to the wire
that goes to #1.   If it's not, just rearrange the wires.  Rotation of
the distributor is counter clockwise,  1 3 4 2.
Bob