Re: "Unsafe at any speed"

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Unsafe at any speed"
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 10:29:22 -0400
Thanks, Larry, I just learned something.  Now, my '61 Tempest was
definitely a 4-banger and I recall, this much-ballyhooed engine was cast
from a half of a V8 block.  Can you tell me which V8?  Did I have a half of
a Rover engine and give it up?

Allen

>From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
>
>Florrie & Allen Bachelder wrote:
>
>> I don't recall the aluminum 215 V8 being in the Tempest - it was in the
>> Buick Special and the Olds F85.
>
>Yep, they were in a few of them but darned few of them.  The '61 models
>offered
>a 155 hp thing w/ either an automatic or manual transmission w/ a 2 barrel
>carb.  The '62 models jumped up to a 185 hp engine which could only be
>obtained
>w/ an automatic transmission.  These engines were the Buick version of the 215
>and used the transaxle setup. (Info from the MG V8 Newsletter)
>
>--
>Larry Dickstein
>Lone Jack, MO

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
         49 YT, 57 ZB, 58 ZB, 65 B, 67 BGT, 73 B, 73BGT, 76 B, &...
         New Castle, VA 24127
         USA
         540/544-7333