Ignition Switch Help!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition Switch Help!
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 20:02:35 EST
Listers,

My 1977 MGB has been slowly draining its battery overnight.  I have been
checking all the possible switches when I got to the ignition switch.
Could someone please tell me what circuits of this switch should be hot with
the key off and with the key in "accessories" mode?  Right now my switch
shows continuity with the radio (white with green tracer) circuit and with
the running-on control valve (slate) with the "accessories" on, and the
running-on control valve circuit is hot with the key off (but only about .6
ohms, as compared to 1.8 ohms with the accessories circuit on-as tested from
the brown "always hot" wire to the slate wire).

Also, what is the function of the running-on control valve?  When is that
circuit supposed to be energized, and when is it not supposed to be?

I know these are technical question, but I am very thankful for all of your
help.

Steve Sanchez
1977 MGB