Re: Convairs and GT6s

To: REwald9535@aol.com
Subject: Re: Convairs and GT6s
From: Elliott DeGraff <degraff@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 13:22:35 -0500
During the early 60s I owned a 58 Ford Fairlane.  On a trip to CA, I
rented an early Corvair and was thrilled with its ease of handling . . .
until when going around a fairly sharp curve at a good rate of speed and
feeling pleased about how much easier this was than it would have been
in my Ford, the rear end let go with no warning and things got right
exciting.  While I enjoyed the handling of the Corvair, this incident
let me appreciate the the fact that the Ford squealed, bucked and
generally complained for many MPH below breakaway. It wasn't pretty or
elegant, but it was safe.

Elliott DeGraff
2 71Bs